Clean & Green
How to properly recycle your makeup products
The beauty industry generates an estimated 120 billion cosmetic packages annually, most of which are not properly recycled. Our retail partner Credo Beauty helps to make the recycling process so much easier for you through their Pact Recycling Bins which can be found in all Credo stores. Pact, a non-profit beauty collection program, + Pact Collection Bins provides a sustainable solution for hard-to-recycle packaging for makeup containers.
Here’s how it works:
1. Make sure all of your products are EMPTY, CLEAN, and UNBAGGED.
2. Find your nearest Credo Store: www.credobeauty.com/stores
3. Look out for the Pact Bin. They’ll take:
- Plastic bottles & jars smaller than a yogurt cup
- All pumps
- All caps
- Plastic tubes
- Lipstick or lip gloss
- Eye & lip pencils
- Mascara tubes
- Plastic compacts
- Colored glass bottles & jars
4. 1 Product Recycled = 10 Credo Rewards Points.
Pact is a collective of beauty industry stakeholders taking responsibility for the impacts of our packaging. We are creating a more sustainable packaging movement, starting with Credo In-store Collection Program, and we’re driving toward greater circularity.
Learn more: www.pactcollective.org - @pact_collective